What we’re watching on Netflix
Netflix have really outdone themselves in the last few months. There are so many top quality programmes and movies available at the moment, we really want to tell you what we’ve been watching and loved and what’s next on our viewing list.
Top shows we’ve watched and loved (for the grown-ups)
- The Sinner (Rotten Tomatoes rating – 94%) A tough watch at times but stick with it, the concept and story are unique which makes it addictive viewing. Excellent acting from Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman. We’re still talking about the story days after finishing the series.
- Ozark (Rotten Tomatoes rating – 64%) A complicated thriller but great acting from Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. Deserves a higher RT rating in our opinion.
- Peaky Blinders (Rotten Tomatoes rating – 89%) Season one and two are available. Violent gangster drama set in 1920s Birmingham. Well worth watching (just make sure those kids have gone to bed!).
- Master of none (Rotten Tomatoes – 100%) This is one of our big TV surprises of the year. We would highly recommend settling down to watch the two seasons of this offbeat comedy.
- Stranger Things (Rotten Tomatoes rating – 94%) Season two is alot darker than the first but this 1980’s Sci-Fi classic is well worth the hype.
Top family shows we’ve watched and loved
- Anne with an ‘E’ (Rotten Tomatoes rating – 88%) Beautifully filmed, perfect viewing for families with tweens and teens. A great conversation starter on important subjects like death and bullying.
- La la land (Rotten Tomatoes rating – 92%) A classic at this stage, worth watching this oscar winner with the kids
- Gilmore Girls (Rotten Tomatoes rating – 81%) Seven seasons of this fun show so you’re in it for the long haul but it’s perfect for teens to watch with parents.
- Fawlty Towers – One of our favourite shows to watch with the kids, guaranteed to end in belly laughs.
- Lemony Snicket’s A series of unfortunate events (Rotten Tomatoes rating – 95%) We can’t recommend this series highly enough. Neil Patrick Harries was brilliant in the lead role. It can be a little scary at times for younger kids.
- The Martian (Rotten Tomatoes rating – 92%) Our three had all read the book so were dying to watch the movie. We weren’t disappointed.
Next on our list to watch (some newly added to Netflix and more to come…)
- Alias Grace (Rotten Tomatoes rating of 98%)
- Mudbound (Rotten Tomatoes rating – 94%)
- The Punisher (Rotten Tomatoes rating – 62%)
- Girl with a pearl earring (Rotten Tomatoes rating – 72%)
- The Crown – we’re really looking forward to watching Season 2 when it’s available on December 8th.
What have you been watching on Netflix that you would recommend?
Disclaimer : I am a member of the Ireland Netflix #StreamTeam and received a subscription in return for posting news and reviews about Netflix shows I enjoy. I never receive payment for my posts. All opinions are my own and, as always, 100% honest. In fact, I already had a subscription to Netflix before being invited to join the Stream Team.