- Half a lemon
- A thumb sized piece of peeled ginger shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar (more or less according to taste)
This lemon and ginger tea is an excellent remedy for colds and flu. We’re not claiming to have a cure for the common cold but there is something very comforting about it. The lemon and ginger are very good for you, the sugar gives you a boost whilst fact it is hot is very soothing.
- Boil a kettle of water
- Put a little of the boiling water in the teapot to warm it through and then pour away
- Add the ingredients to the teapot and top up with boiling water
- Stir very well, squeezing the lemons with the back of the spoon to get all of the juice and flavour
- Pour into a mug and enjoy
Adults might like to add something a little stronger, such as little whiskey, to the cup before adding the tea. I’m positive this aids recovery, honestly! Just remember to enjoy it responsibly!